SIMPLE ROAST CHICKEN
3.5 to 4 lb whole chicken
1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
Ground black pepper
1.5 lb potatoes cut into 1/4-inch slices
Extra-virging olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees, put sheet pan in center of oven.
- Rub the entire chicken with oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken, put some in the cavities.
- Tie legs and tuck wing tips behind back of the chicken.
- Lightly coat potatoes with olive oil.
- Place chicken breast side up on sheet pan, place potatoes around the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 25-35 minutes, the breast should be 120 degrees and the thighs 135 degrees.
Let rest in oven for another 25 minutes or until the breast is 165 degrees and the thighs 175 degrees.
- Take out of oven and let rest for 20 minutes
BUFFALO CHICKEN LEGS
2 pounds chicken legs
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons vegetable oiL
- Heat oven to 450F
- Pour oil on a baking sheet and coat the legs.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle rub on chicken legs.
- Put chicken legs in oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn legs and roast for another 15-25 minutes. Chicken legs should have an internal temperature of 165F
BUFFALO SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
2/3 cup hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer while whisking.
- Once liquid starts to bubble on the sides of the pot remove from heat.
- Toss wings in sauce and enjoy!
BALSAMIC MARINATED CHICKEN BREAST
3/4 cups balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried parsely flakes
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Mix together in a bowl Balsamic vinegar, water, onion, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary, parsley, chili powder, and oregano.
- Pour in a sealable plastic bag. Place chicken breasts in bag and coat with the marinade. Squeez out excess air and seal the bag.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place aluminum foil over a baking sheet. Shake off excess marinade and place chicken breasts on baking sheet.
- Bake chicken breasts for 30 to 40 minutes. They will be golden brown and no longer pink in the center.
3 boneless skinless Murray’s chicken breast
1 cup kidney beans
1 small onion chopped
3 gloves of garlic minced
3 tomatoes chopped
2 tbsps olive oil
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 jalapeno chopped
6 tortillas 6″
1 cup cheddar
salsa and sour cream for topping
- Turn on broiler
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken, cook till no longer pink.
- Stir in garlic and onion. Season with salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Mix in tomatoes, beans, and jalapeños. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place filling in burritos sprinkling cheese on top. Roll up burrito and place a toothpick in it to secure. Place burrito under broiler until golden brown.
- Top with salsa and sour cream and enjoy!
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- 1 Whole Murray’s Chicken
- 3 qt. chicken broth
- 6 carrots
- 4 stalk celery
- 3 medium onions
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 sprig parsley
- 2 sprig thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh-ground pepper
- 3 c. medium egg noodles
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Make the stock: Place the chicken and chicken broth in a large stockpot and set it over medium heat. Roughly chop 2 carrots, 2 celery ribs, and 1 onion and add to the broth. Add the peppercorns, garlic, 2 sprigs of parsley, and enough water to just cover the chicken. Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until the chicken is very tender—about 1 1/4 hours—skimming the surface periodically. Remove the chicken and place in a large bowl. Strain the broth through a very fine sieve into a large, clean bowl or stockpot. Discard the vegetables.
- Make the soup: Skim any fat off the top of the strained broth and discard. Slice the remaining carrots, celery, and onions into 1/4-inch-thick pieces and set aside. Remove and discard the skin and bones from the chicken, cut meat into 1/2-inch pieces, and set aside. Chop the remaining parsley leaves and set aside. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the vegetables and cook until the onions are translucent—about 7 minutes. Add the chicken, the reserved broth, salt, and pepper. Simmer the soup until the vegetables are tender—about 1 hour. Stir in the egg noodles and parsley and cook until the noodles are tender—about 10 more minutes. Serve hot.